welcome to the johnson family blog~ my name is mindy & my husband is brian, aka baja. we have been married since 08.08.08. the two of us became the five of us! our tiny baby bird, vivienne, arrived 04.12.12, baby lucielle came on 08.06.13 and baby edith on 11.19.15. thanks for stopping by our blogsite. here you'll find our photography work & our personal life, everything from family portraits to what’s going on in our life. it’s both a blog (to connect with friends and family who live a little too far away) & a journal/scrapbook (to remember all the little details as our family changes). so welcome, thanks for coming & enjoy! contact me at: hopefeathers {at} me {dot} com.

May 13, 2013

Mother's Day

13 months ago exactly, Vivienne made me a mommy! We celebrated my first mother's day when she was just one month old. It's so fun to see the difference in Vivienne from last year to this year! Unlike last year, Viv let us sleep in until almost 8:30! She is such a great sleeper! She was the first to wish me Happy Mother's Day. As I walked into her room, she greeted me with her usual morning greeting, "Oh wow! Baby!" said with a smile while waving "hi". Too cute! Brian joined us in her room as we got her changed for the day. She repeated "Happy Mother's Day". It sounded more like "puppy mama di" but I'll take it! I wish we got a video.

We went to breakfast at a super yummy Cuban restaurant called Victor's 1959 Cafe. So yummy! The fried sweet plantains were amazing! Even Viv thought so. After church, we met up with Brian's Mom for some more Mother's day fun. It soon became obvious that a little someone (and her mommy) needed a nap. After family nap-time, we went for a family walk in the field by our house and brought the camera. Brian told me about my Mother's Day gift which is coming in the mail. I am SOOOO excited for my new double stroller! Brian kept telling me all day how much he loved me and how he appreciated all that I do in being a wife and mommy. He wrote "Mindy Johnson is a wonderful mom and I am so thankful for her; I hope Vivienne and Lucielle can be great wives and moms for their families someday just like her!!! Happy Mother's Day babe!!!" I love him!

I love LOVE being a mom! Sure there are days that I am frazzled, running behind, tired, sore and cranky. It's not always a piece of cake. Sometimes my sweet girl is whiny, opinionated, and tests limits to see what she can get away with. Sometimes my first thought in the morning is, "Do I really need to get up and sacrifice so much for a little someone who doesn't even care?" But then there are days when say's "uppy" and she throws her little arms around my neck and kisses my cheek when I pick her up. When she flashes me that silly 3 tooth smile. When she signs "Jesus" and "please" to request that we sing Jesus loves me. When she snuggles up next to me and rests her arm or foot on my belly. When she learns new words and signs. When she gets excited for "na na" (food) and says "mmmm' after every bite. When she giggles and splashes me in the bath. When she says "tickle" as she tickles her own belly to request we do the same. When she points to my tummy and every photo of her in the house and says "baby". When she calls Lulu "Boo Boo". When she holds her hands together when we pray and signs "all done" when we say amen. When she snuggles close as she holds Roxie's arm and she hums along as we sing the Doxology before bed-time. All these things and so many more make me love being her mommy! Every sacrifice is worth it. This is what the Lord created me to do! And by his grace, I love doing it!
My big girl pointing to my little girl saying "Baby boo boo" (Lulu)

No comments:

Post a Comment