welcome to the johnson family blog~ my name is mindy & my husband is brian, aka baja. we have been married since 08.08.08. the two of us became the five of us! our tiny baby bird, vivienne, arrived 04.12.12, baby lucielle came on 08.06.13 and baby edith on 11.19.15. thanks for stopping by our blogsite. here you'll find our photography work & our personal life, everything from family portraits to what’s going on in our life. it’s both a blog (to connect with friends and family who live a little too far away) & a journal/scrapbook (to remember all the little details as our family changes). so welcome, thanks for coming & enjoy! contact me at: hopefeathers {at} me {dot} com.

May 14, 2012

My First Mother's Day

This was my very first Mother's Day!

I used to think that Mother's Day must be meant for people who aren't close to their moms and needed a reminder to love and appreciate their moms. I never thought that I was in that category because my mom and I are so close and I tell her I love her daily! Turns out that being a mom is a full time job and, while full of amazing benefits, it's a lot of work! I now love and appreciate my mom even more!
Brian spent the whole day telling me how much he appreciated me and was thankful that his baby girl has me for her Mom. I felt so loved! Vivienne woke me up at 4:30 am because she was so excited to be the first to wish me a Happy Mother's Day and to tell me how much she loves me with sweet baby coo's (and cries). Even though it was early, I feel so honored that the Lord has given me the sweetest baby girl to love, cherish and care for. I was on the verge of tears and bursting with love all day! Brian bought me a fun pair of purple TOMS and another gift is on it's way. He was bummed that it didn't come in time. Oh the suspense!
It also was amazing that my mom was able to be in town for Mother's Day! I loved that I could celebrate with her in person. She wrote and illustrated the sweetest book for Vivienne ever! I got so chocked up as she read it to Vivienne. It's a love story between Songbird and Ladybird and the birth of their little Baby Bird! She should honestly publish it and make millions! I love my Mommy so much! I am so sad to see her and my dad go back to CA tomorrow. It's been so sweet to have her here for the first month of Vivienne's life! She will be so missed! I'm already counting the days until we can make our way out to CA to see them again! Love you Mommy and Daddy! Vivie will miss her grandparents dearly!

No comments:

Post a Comment