welcome to the johnson family blog~ my name is mindy & my husband is brian, aka baja. we have been married since 08.08.08. the two of us became the five of us! our tiny baby bird, vivienne, arrived 04.12.12, baby lucielle came on 08.06.13 and baby edith on 11.19.15. thanks for stopping by our blogsite. here you'll find our photography work & our personal life, everything from family portraits to what’s going on in our life. it’s both a blog (to connect with friends and family who live a little too far away) & a journal/scrapbook (to remember all the little details as our family changes). so welcome, thanks for coming & enjoy! contact me at: hopefeathers {at} me {dot} com.

May 8, 2013

26 weeks

It always seems like by the time I actually whip out the chalkboard and camera and find time for Brian to take a picture while Viv is napping and then edit pictures for a blog post, I'm already one week further along. So here I am at 26ish weeks pregnant with Lucielle haha.

In true MN form, this week has been a roller-coaster of weather! Sunny and 70s one day, snow flurries and 30s the next few, then back to sunny and 70s. Brian and I took baby Lucielle in utero to her first drive-in movie. She was probably the only one who was warm and cozy. It was only 35 degrees and rainy! We snuggled under several blankets and had hand warmers! It was still a fun date though. Baby Lu must have enjoyed it too because she was wiggling and kicking up a storm! She's getting so big! I swear she either is bigger than Vivienne at this point or I just can't remember very well (baby brain!), but I swear I can feel her moving almost all. the. time! Which leads to all sorts of other pregnancy issues like sore hips/back, heartburn, and rib pain. Growing a little human takes it's toll! But I love it! It's only going to get more tough (obviously) as she grows, but especially since a hot summer is coming and I'm in the thick of wedding season!

I shot my first wedding of the year last weekend. I was fully equipped with compression hose, a pregnancy support belt, and a case of bottle water. It was surprisingly tolerable to be on my feet working for 10-12 hrs. I didn't realize how exhausted I was until I got home and sat down! The next day I felt like I'd been hit by a truck! So we decided to stretch my aching muscles and took a nice, leisurely family walk... 3 miles down the road to Starbucks. It seemed like a good idea before we left. It wasn't. So sore! Not sure what to do different for next weekends wedding, but at least there are only 4 more weddings until Lucielle comes! And all the work of editing will make these next few months FLY by! Yay!

Vivienne is totally noticing a difference in my body these days. She is constantly pointing to my belly and saying "baby" or "boooobooo" (Lulu). One morning, I went into her room to get her up from her nap and she pointed at me and said, "Oh WOW!!! Baaaaaby!". So funny! She also asks to sit on my lap a lot, but once she's there, she realizes there isn't much lap to get comfy on so she gets down. She does like to snuggle up with Baby Lulu though. She will rest her head on my belly while we watch Yo Gabba Gabba or read a book and she also likes to put her feet up on my stomach to get cozy haha. It's getting harder to have a non-walking toddler while being pregnant. We live on the third floor of our apartment building so every time we go anywhere I feel like I need a moment to prepare mentally for carrying Viv up and down stairs, getting her in and out of the car, going to and from stores/errands, waddling around instead of walking all while usually while juggling a purse, keys, water cup and Vivienne's favorite things: sunglasses and lip gloss. It's exhausting to say the least. I've been trying to save the boring errands for when Brian can stay home with Viv so that we can reserve energy to do the fun stuff like walk to the park or Starbucks!
According to Baby Center, "the network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. She may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. She's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of her lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when she's born and takes that first gulp of air. And she's continuing to put on baby fat. He now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches from head to heel." Grow Baby Lulu, grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment