welcome to the johnson family blog~ my name is mindy & my husband is brian, aka baja. we have been married since 08.08.08. the two of us became the five of us! our tiny baby bird, vivienne, arrived 04.12.12, baby lucielle came on 08.06.13 and baby edith on 11.19.15. thanks for stopping by our blogsite. here you'll find our photography work & our personal life, everything from family portraits to what’s going on in our life. it’s both a blog (to connect with friends and family who live a little too far away) & a journal/scrapbook (to remember all the little details as our family changes). so welcome, thanks for coming & enjoy! contact me at: hopefeathers {at} me {dot} com.

July 17, 2015

60th Anniversary: Disneyland

Disneyland opened it's gate for the first time 60 years ago today on July 17, 1955. It truly is one of the happiest places on earth! It's full of so many memories that we hold precious and dear! We flew down to CA for my Aunt's funeral, and we were blessed to be able to celebrate my Grandma's 90th birthday and also be in LA on the very last day on my parents Disneyland pass. Disneyland holds some very fond memories from my childhood and I am so glad that I now does for the girls as well! We remember with fondness the different rides, shows, and parades from our visits to Disneyland. We LOVE it! The highlight of this trip by far was all of the Frozen-ness haha. Both girls are enamored by Anna and Elsa and all things Frozen. Viv likes to pretend she is Elsa and loves blond hair and blue eyes they both share. Lulu is partial to Anna. We went to a Frozen sing-a-long, a mini Frozen musical, and the icing on the cake was meeting Elsa and Anna in person! I was a pregnant hormonal mess watching that dream come true. It was adorable! Lulu was fearful and timid of the characters all day until she met Anna. She ran to her and hugged her and wouldn't let her go. Seriously sweet! Viv went straight to Elsa and hugged her. Then she proceeded to tell her, "I have white hair just like you! And blue eyes too!" They got to talk to Elsa and Anna for several minutes. It was adorable! Definitely a highlight of the day and maybe even their young lives!
 Viv was amazed. My normally gregarious extrovert was silently awestruck!
 "I have white hair like you!"

No comments:

Post a Comment