welcome to the johnson family blog~ my name is mindy & my husband is brian, aka baja. we have been married since 08.08.08. the two of us became the five of us! our tiny baby bird, vivienne, arrived 04.12.12, baby lucielle came on 08.06.13 and baby edith on 11.19.15. thanks for stopping by our blogsite. here you'll find our photography work & our personal life, everything from family portraits to what’s going on in our life. it’s both a blog (to connect with friends and family who live a little too far away) & a journal/scrapbook (to remember all the little details as our family changes). so welcome, thanks for coming & enjoy! contact me at: hopefeathers {at} me {dot} com.

July 12, 2015

Santa Cruz, Ca

In our recent visit to California, we were blessed enough to be able to fly into Northern California to see family in the Bay Area before headed back to LA. It was a much, much too short of a visit... only one evening. But we made the most of it! We got to celebrate my Grandma Ruth's 90th birthday! She is so adorable! I am so thankful to have a beautiful, godly, and graciously sweet grandmother. I wish we could spend more time together! The whole family went to Santa Cruz to celebrate at a fun restaurant right on the shore. Before dinner, the girls explored the ocean. Vivi loved it! She was fearless and was thrilled at the roaring ocean. She let the waves chase her and she was covered in salty ocean water and sand before dinner, but it was well worth it for the giggles. Lulu, however, was content to stay back and be held by my cousin "Princess Julie" haha or play in the sand. I think it was too big and loud for her. The coast was beautiful and the restaurant was delicious. I rarely eat fish because I'm not normally a big fan, but the girls and I LOVED the fish we ordered! They got fish and chips. Yum! And I got some sort of deliciously, garlicky fish and veggies dish. Double yum! And as a special treat, the girls got ice cream on the pier after dinner. It was such a fun evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment