welcome to the johnson family blog~ my name is mindy & my husband is brian, aka baja. we have been married since 08.08.08. the two of us became the five of us! our tiny baby bird, vivienne, arrived 04.12.12, baby lucielle came on 08.06.13 and baby edith on 11.19.15. thanks for stopping by our blogsite. here you'll find our photography work & our personal life, everything from family portraits to what’s going on in our life. it’s both a blog (to connect with friends and family who live a little too far away) & a journal/scrapbook (to remember all the little details as our family changes). so welcome, thanks for coming & enjoy! contact me at: hopefeathers {at} me {dot} com.

November 3, 2014

November Third

November third is a big day of memories in our family. Happy memories of the first date with my husband. The first time we held hands. The day he asked me to be his girlfriend. The day I fell hard for the love of my life. It's also a day of hard memories. It's been a year since the worst day of our lives. A year since I found my sweet baby clammy, blue, and not breathing. A year since I filled her lungs with my breath. A year since the Lord heard my frantic, panicked prayers and gave me a supernatural calm to handle the unthinkable. As the weather has turned colder, I feel the icy chill of those memories. Maybe the return of Autumn each year will remind me of that day. But more than the horror of almost losing my child, I pray that it will remind me of the sweet goodness of the Lord who not only spared her life but is continuing to give us day after day with her! We are thankful that she is growing and developing normally. What sweet grace! We give thanks to the Giver of all good things. November third will be a day of thankfulness for love and life. It's a very dear day to us!

"You have turned for me my mourning into dancing;
    you have loosed my sackcloth
    and clothed me with gladness,
that my glory may sing your praise and not be silent.
    O Lord my God, I will give thanks to you forever!" - Psalm 30:11-12

No comments:

Post a Comment