welcome to the johnson family blog~ my name is mindy & my husband is brian, aka baja. we have been married since 08.08.08. the two of us became the five of us! our tiny baby bird, vivienne, arrived 04.12.12, baby lucielle came on 08.06.13 and baby edith on 11.19.15. thanks for stopping by our blogsite. here you'll find our photography work & our personal life, everything from family portraits to what’s going on in our life. it’s both a blog (to connect with friends and family who live a little too far away) & a journal/scrapbook (to remember all the little details as our family changes). so welcome, thanks for coming & enjoy! contact me at: hopefeathers {at} me {dot} com.

April 26, 2013

24 weeks

Wow is Lucielle growing like crazy! At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I'm way bigger at 24 weeks this time than with Vivienne. Even if I'll be 25 weeks in 2 days. There are so many "wonderful" pregnancy symptoms to complain about these days. Like, sore back/hips, heartburn, sleeplessness, swelling... But honestly, I LOVE having a little one wiggling around in my belly! Like, I LOVE it! I forgot how much I missed this feeling. And it's super fun this time because every time I feel her, I can say hi to my little Lulu! Vivienne has learned to point to my belly when we ask where baby Lu is. She also gives her hugs and kisses and calls her "BooBoo". Yep. Adorable!

According to Baby Center, "head to heels, your baby now measures about 13 1/2 inches. Her weight — a pound and a half — isn't much more than an average rutabaga, but she's beginning to exchange her long, lean look for some baby fat. As she does, her wrinkled skin will begin to smooth out and she'll start to look more and more like a newborn. She's also growing more hair — and if you could see it, you'd now be able to discern its color and texture." Two things I don't believe about that statement... First is that she weighs about a pound and a half. Lucielle weighed 1 lb 4 oz at our last ultrasound 2 weeks ago and apparently she is growing about 4 oz a week. Looks like we are on track for another 9 lb baby girl! Second would be that Lulu is growing hair. I mean, I suppose it's possible, but considering that Viv is just starting to grow some, it seems unlikely haha.

So far I'm feeling ok. Still craving fruit and veggies and have no aversions. I'm starting to get really sore in my back and hips. Partially from carrying Viv (who is close to walking... I hope!), and partially from carrying Lucielle haha. Tums have become a dessert of sorts as a heartburn chaser after each meal. Today begins my wedding season. Not quite sure how my body will survive growing a tiny human while shooting a wedding for 10-12 hrs! Thankfully, I only have 5 weddings before Lulu arrives. Unfortunately, the last wedding is 2 weeks before her scheduled c-section! Going to be a crazy summer! Anyone have any suggestions for a great prenatal masseuse? Feel like Hopefeathers Photography may need to treat me to a massage after each wedding! I got some advice from other pregnant photographers who said to bring loads of water and snacks, to wear a maternity support belt and compression tights. Unless all that is a magical combo, I'm assuming I'll still be a wreck the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment