welcome to the johnson family blog~ my name is mindy & my husband is brian, aka baja. we have been married since 08.08.08. the two of us became the five of us! our tiny baby bird, vivienne, arrived 04.12.12, baby lucielle came on 08.06.13 and baby edith on 11.19.15. thanks for stopping by our blogsite. here you'll find our photography work & our personal life, everything from family portraits to what’s going on in our life. it’s both a blog (to connect with friends and family who live a little too far away) & a journal/scrapbook (to remember all the little details as our family changes). so welcome, thanks for coming & enjoy! contact me at: hopefeathers {at} me {dot} com.

April 25, 2013

Smash the cake session

As a photographer, I have done many smash the cake photos for my one year old sessions. I knew I wanted to do one for Vivienne's first birthday. She was so funny! I thought she would dive right in, but she was very cautious and unsure. Even after a few tastes, she was more into the smashing than the eating. She also thought it was pretty funny to play peek-a-boo and say "ta-da"! Since it was freezing out, we did the photos in a sky-way in Minneapolis for the best natural light while being warm indoors. This meant that our little social butterfly got to say hi and flash her two tooth smile to some passerby's. I think she enjoyed that more than the cake! We simple taped a chevron fabric backrop to the window and put a grey sheet on the ground. When she was done, we tossed the cake, folded up the sheet and no mess for the sky-way!

No comments:

Post a Comment