welcome to the johnson family blog~ my name is mindy & my husband is brian, aka baja. we have been married since 08.08.08. the two of us became the five of us! our tiny baby bird, vivienne, arrived 04.12.12, baby lucielle came on 08.06.13 and baby edith on 11.19.15. thanks for stopping by our blogsite. here you'll find our photography work & our personal life, everything from family portraits to what’s going on in our life. it’s both a blog (to connect with friends and family who live a little too far away) & a journal/scrapbook (to remember all the little details as our family changes). so welcome, thanks for coming & enjoy! contact me at: hopefeathers {at} me {dot} com.

January 28, 2013

Spaghetti Bath

The heat was stuck on in our apartment the other day. It was 85 degrees inside and 5 degrees outside! We had the windows open, but it wasn't helping much. I remembered a fun indoor sensory activity I saw on pinterest.com for Vivienne involving spaghetti and the bathtub. So, I boiled up a box of spaghetti and divided it into four bowls of noodles and water. I added green, yellow, red and blue food coloring it each bowl. I drained them and tossed the whole bunch in the tub! Viv was so excited to get in there that she jumped over the edge of the tub and face planted into the spaghetti! She was still in her clothes! Silly girl. Luckily she landed on the noodles so she didn't get hurt. I had no idea she was tall enough to jump the edge! Oops! So I stripped her down to her diaper and let her at the noodles. She had the time of her life! She squished them and grabbed them and tasted them. I put handfuls on her head and body and she shivered in glee. It was pretty funny. Yes, it was crazy messy, but it bought us an hour of playing with noodles and then a mid-day bath. She was so tuckered by all the fun that she took a three hour nap after! Success!

No comments:

Post a Comment