welcome to the johnson family blog~ my name is mindy & my husband is brian, aka baja. we have been married since 08.08.08. the two of us became the five of us! our tiny baby bird, vivienne, arrived 04.12.12, baby lucielle came on 08.06.13 and baby edith on 11.19.15. thanks for stopping by our blogsite. here you'll find our photography work & our personal life, everything from family portraits to what’s going on in our life. it’s both a blog (to connect with friends and family who live a little too far away) & a journal/scrapbook (to remember all the little details as our family changes). so welcome, thanks for coming & enjoy! contact me at: hopefeathers {at} me {dot} com.

January 28, 2013

12 weeks

We finally got around to taking a picture of the bump. We finally had no excuses to avoid it: Vivienne was napping, it was decently warm outside and I somehow found time to shower, blow dry my hair and put on make-up! A miracle haha.

I am definitely showing more at 12 weeks with Baby Bird than I did with Viv. But I've heard that's normal with second pregnancies. I thought I was huge at the end with Viv, I can't imagine how big I'll be with this kid! Yikes!

I am feeling pretty good these days. Energy is beginning to return. The nausea seems to be gone. And I only have a few food aversions. I had been napping every time Vivienne napped: 1.5 hrs in the morning, and 2 hrs in the afternoon! It was ridiculous. I've cut one of my naps and can actually be productive while she sleeps again! Yay! The most pesky pregnancy symptom that I've had is insomnia! It's actually the first symptom I got which led me to take a pregnancy test and it's still hanging around. I never had it with Viv. I can sleep at any point during the day, but I lay awake at night sometimes until 3 or 4 am! Ugh! It was the roughest a few weeks ago when Vivienne decided she didn't like sleeping through the night anymore and would wake up around 4 or 5, which, or course, was only an hour or two after I'd fallen asleep. She'd go right back to sleep after I nursed her and I would lay in bed praying I would too! Now it's getting a little better because Viv is sleeping from 7:30p-8 or 9am! So once I fall asleep I actually have a chance at a decent rest. Yay!
At 12 weeks, Baby Bird is developing reflexes. Baby's fingers will soon begin to open and close, toes will curl, eye muscles will clench, and mouth will make sucking movements. Baby Bird is also looking more human (yay!): the eyes have moved from the sides to the front of his head, and the ears are right where they should be. From crown to rump, Baby Bird is just over 2 inches long (about the size of a lime) and weighs half an ounce.
Third trimester begins on Sunday! I can't wait! And I can't believe that I've already gone through a third of my pregnancy! Wow! It's going really quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment