welcome to the johnson family blog~ my name is mindy & my husband is brian, aka baja. we have been married since 08.08.08. the two of us became the five of us! our tiny baby bird, vivienne, arrived 04.12.12, baby lucielle came on 08.06.13 and baby edith on 11.19.15. thanks for stopping by our blogsite. here you'll find our photography work & our personal life, everything from family portraits to what’s going on in our life. it’s both a blog (to connect with friends and family who live a little too far away) & a journal/scrapbook (to remember all the little details as our family changes). so welcome, thanks for coming & enjoy! contact me at: hopefeathers {at} me {dot} com.

December 8, 2011

22 weeks

These weeks are just flying by. I think it's a combo of the holidays and the excitement about Baby Bird, but December is going by so quickly! Baby Bird has been moving like crazy. I think that he/she must be a big fan of Christmas like his/her Mommy and is dancing for joy! In fact, we've been watching my belly move. At first it was super weird and made me feel like there's an alien living in my belly. But now we think it's pretty cool. In fact, the other day, Brian saw my belly move from across the room! We've loved watching movies at night because that's when Baby Bird is really active and I lay with my head on Brian's lap while his hand rests on my tummy and we both enjoy feeling our baby!

The belly is growing! My belly button is starting to look really weird and is pretty flat. I think it's only a matter of time before it pops out haha. The hiccups are also totally out of control. Brian says I sound like a pterodactyl! But I suppose it's true when daily I hiccup so loudly that it literally startles him. I wonder what causes them. Maybe it's acid reflux? Or my insides getting all squished? Either way, it's kind of embarrassing haha.

I am feeling great- almost like normal. It's getting hard to bend over, but other than that, things are going well. I even feel more normal when it comes to cravings. I am enjoying chicken again, I don't feel like I need a pickle several times a day, and I still enjoy red meat, but don't crave beef jerky all the time. The one thing that is still a bummer is that anything sugary makes me feel awful. Especially ice-cream! I've gotten sick every time I've had any. Major bummer.

We've been enjoying several of our favorite Christmas traditions. Each year we walk around Grand Ave for the "Grand Meander". We get breakfast with Santa, visit the shops, see a reindeer, enjoy soup samples, and try chestnuts roasting on an open fire. It's really fun. Next year, we'll be bringing our son or daughter along! So cool! Our apartment is all decorated and the advent calendar I made is up. This also makes each day go by fast! It's almost Christmas! There is also a photo below of me and Baby Bird at the gym. It's getting too cold to walk outside, so I've been using the treadmill. I looked down the other day and realized that most of what I saw was belly with a foot popping out with each step! It made me giggle- so of course I had to take a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment