welcome to the johnson family blog~ my name is mindy & my husband is brian, aka baja. we have been married since 08.08.08. the two of us became the five of us! our tiny baby bird, vivienne, arrived 04.12.12, baby lucielle came on 08.06.13 and baby edith on 11.19.15. thanks for stopping by our blogsite. here you'll find our photography work & our personal life, everything from family portraits to what’s going on in our life. it’s both a blog (to connect with friends and family who live a little too far away) & a journal/scrapbook (to remember all the little details as our family changes). so welcome, thanks for coming & enjoy! contact me at: hopefeathers {at} me {dot} com.

October 28, 2011

16.5 weeks

Busy week for Baby Bird and me! I'm a little late in the weekly updates. So this is the 16.5 week update. Mom was here this week.  We scouted out the fall colors. We had lots of fun grabbing coffee and shopping. She helped me pick out my first pair of maternity jeans and a few maternity tops. She also got baby bird a little Mickey Mouse onesie in hopes that we visit CA next summer and take Baby Bird to Disneyland. Our little baby clothes & shoe collection have been slowly growing. Mom also bought me some orange Mums because I am going to be a Mom!

I had my first stranger ask when I was due. Granted, she was the cashier at Target where I was buying a maternity tank top, but I felt like I had gone through a preggo right of passage. My preggo brain is getting worse. I swear all my blood has left my brain to go to my uterus to grow the baby. This leave me without any brain capacity. As we were lying in bed the other night, I realized I forgot to turn off the oven. Five hours after dinner, poor Brian had to get out of bed and turn it off for me! Crazy Preggo Brain!

The best part about this week: Brian and Mom and I were watching the movie Tangled, when I started to realize that I was feeling something in my tummy. I felt weird saying it, but I told them that I think I was feeling the baby move! Turns out that now that I have recognized the little butterfly-like flutters in my tummy, I have been feeling them more and more! Now I find myself concentrating on my tummy every time I am sitting or laying still. That's when I feel it! And my heart soars!

No comments:

Post a Comment