welcome to the johnson family blog~ my name is mindy & my husband is brian, aka baja. we have been married since 08.08.08. the two of us became the five of us! our tiny baby bird, vivienne, arrived 04.12.12, baby lucielle came on 08.06.13 and baby edith on 11.19.15. thanks for stopping by our blogsite. here you'll find our photography work & our personal life, everything from family portraits to what’s going on in our life. it’s both a blog (to connect with friends and family who live a little too far away) & a journal/scrapbook (to remember all the little details as our family changes). so welcome, thanks for coming & enjoy! contact me at: hopefeathers {at} me {dot} com.

November 2, 2011

17 weeks

The big changed this week seem to be the size of my belly and my appetite! I think my bump grew like crazy in the past few days. Or at least it feels like it. I read that my uterus is now the size of a cantaloupe! My center of gravity has definitely shifted and I have been running into all the doorways in our apartment. I feel so clumsy! I'm also still quite forgetful. I feel lucky if I get to appointments on time or remember ingredients in recipe's I've made a million times. Speaking of food, something crazy happens to me after 6pm every night. I feel great all day and content to eat breakfast and lunch like a normal person. But after 6pm, I am ravenous! I need to have dinner AND a few snacks before we eventually go to bed! It's crazy! My biggest cravings continue to be red meat and sour fruits. According to the old wives' tales, this points to baby bird being a boy, but who knows! Brian has been making venison jerky in our apartment today and I had to leave because it was making me too hungry! So I am sitting at Starbucks enjoying my first gingerbread coffee in a red holiday cup. I am also listening to Christmas music. I think that baby bird is going to be a Christmas lover like his/her Mommy because I can feel him/her squirming around & dancing in my tummy.
This picture actually belongs with last week's post, but for some reason it got deleted? So here is baby birds first picture with Aunt Stacey!

No comments:

Post a Comment