welcome to the johnson family blog~ my name is mindy & my husband is brian, aka baja. we have been married since 08.08.08. the two of us became the five of us! our tiny baby bird, vivienne, arrived 04.12.12, baby lucielle came on 08.06.13 and baby edith on 11.19.15. thanks for stopping by our blogsite. here you'll find our photography work & our personal life, everything from family portraits to what’s going on in our life. it’s both a blog (to connect with friends and family who live a little too far away) & a journal/scrapbook (to remember all the little details as our family changes). so welcome, thanks for coming & enjoy! contact me at: hopefeathers {at} me {dot} com.

October 21, 2011

15 weeks



Week 15! Yay! This was a big week for Baby Bird. He/she is the length of a naval orange and has begun to develop reflexes. For instance, if we were to shine a flashlight on my tummy, Baby Bird could sense the light and swim away! If we push on my tummy, Baby Bird will squirm and move! Brian and I shot a wedding last weekend that had a live swing band. It was really fun. We didn't want Baby Bird to miss out on the fun, so we would gently push on my tummy and say, "Dance, baby, Dance!" Brian says if Baby Bird is a boy he wants to practice his quick reflexes in the womb so that he'll be a great Baseball player someday haha.

I was able to spend the afternoon with my 3 year old nephew and 5 year old niece this past week as well. Kids are so funny. I told my nephew that his baby cousin was living inside my tummy. He assured me that it wasn't his cousin, but just a baby. I told him it was his baby cousin. And he adamantly replied it was just a kid baby. He said the baby won't be his cousin until he/she is old enough to play with him haha. After reading a story to my niece about what some kids want to be when they grow up, I asked her what she wanted to be. She told me she wanted to be a baby carrier like me when she grows up! So cute!

We had a baby doctor appointment and got to hear the heartbeat again. This is quickly becoming my favorite sound in the whole wide world! Because my mom was in town, she was able to accompany me and hear her grandbaby for the first time. We made a little date of it and went to my favorite indoor cafe which is on the way to the Baby Doc office. The cafe in Bachman's is awesome because it looks like a little french cafe in the middle of a flower store! It's perfectly refreshing on a cold and dreary day. Plus they have the best quiche and almond croissants in the world!
If you listen to the end of the video, you hear the doctor say that the sound of the heartbeat was getting louder not because they turned up the volume on the doppler, but because Baby Bird swam up to see what all the fuss was about. I think we've already got an extrovert on our hands who heard the sweet (heart) beat and didn't want to miss the party!

No comments:

Post a Comment