welcome to the johnson family blog~ my name is mindy & my husband is brian, aka baja. we have been married since 08.08.08. the two of us became the five of us! our tiny baby bird, vivienne, arrived 04.12.12, baby lucielle came on 08.06.13 and baby edith on 11.19.15. thanks for stopping by our blogsite. here you'll find our photography work & our personal life, everything from family portraits to what’s going on in our life. it’s both a blog (to connect with friends and family who live a little too far away) & a journal/scrapbook (to remember all the little details as our family changes). so welcome, thanks for coming & enjoy! contact me at: hopefeathers {at} me {dot} com.

September 15, 2011

10 (and a half) Weeks!

 
It's weekly photo time again! I "slept thru" the times that Brian and I had set up to take photos for a few days, so this is technically 10.5 weeks. I've been doing a lot of sleeping lately. I usually nap for an hour or two a day and am often in bed by 9pm! I've also been super busy with shooting weddings, family sessions and engagement sessions and then with editing them all! No wonder I'm one sleepy preggo! And it may seem strange to you Californian's to be wearing boots, a sweater and a scarf, but this morning it was 37 degrees when we were had breakfast at the Neighborhood Cafe with Stacey!

When we were having a little date at Starbucks this week, Brian told the baristas that we were expecting a baby and they were so happy for us they bought our drinks! I guess it pays to be a regular! (We can count this as baby birds second official gift haha). We also met with an old friend this week who, after Brian telling him about the baby, looked at me said he could tell. I decided to take that as a compliment. Although, I really don't think I'm that obvious yet.

We are leaving for Atlanta this evening. We are driving. 18 hours. In a 15 passenger van. Full of me and 8 boys! I hope they don't hate me for all the potty stops we'll need. I have packed a snack bag and ginger ale in case I get nauseous. It's been a few days since I've been too sick, so hopefully I can make it a few more!

What is that little black thing I'm holding in the photos? Well, apparently baby bird is now the size of a prune! I can't wait to get to the more fun bigger foods! Olives and prunes aren't exactly cute for a size comparison. According to Baby Center, "your baby has now completed the most critical portion of his development. This is the beginning of the so-called fetal period, a time when the tissues and organs in his body rapidly grow and mature. He's swallowing fluid and kicking up a storm. Vital organs — including his kidneys, intestines, brain, and liver — are in place and starting to function, though they'll continue to develop throughout your pregnancy. If you could take a peek inside your womb, you'd spot minute details, like tiny nails forming on fingers and toes (no more webbing) and peach-fuzz hair beginning to grow on tender skin. In other developments: Your baby's limbs can bend now. His hands are flexed at the wrist and meet over his heart, and his feet may be long enough to meet in front of his body. From crown to rump, he's about 1 1/4 inches long. In the coming weeks, your baby will again double in size — to nearly 3 inches."

No comments:

Post a Comment