welcome to the johnson family blog~ my name is mindy & my husband is brian, aka baja. we have been married since 08.08.08. the two of us became the five of us! our tiny baby bird, vivienne, arrived 04.12.12, baby lucielle came on 08.06.13 and baby edith on 11.19.15. thanks for stopping by our blogsite. here you'll find our photography work & our personal life, everything from family portraits to what’s going on in our life. it’s both a blog (to connect with friends and family who live a little too far away) & a journal/scrapbook (to remember all the little details as our family changes). so welcome, thanks for coming & enjoy! contact me at: hopefeathers {at} me {dot} com.

September 7, 2011

Week 9

 
Week 9 has come and so has the hint of a baby bump! While it still looks more like a beer belly, I'm so excited I'll take what I can get! Apparently our baby is the size of a green olive! According to Baby Center,  our "new resident is nearly an inch long and weighs just a fraction of an ounce. The baby's essential body parts are accounted for, though they'll go through plenty of fine-tuning in the coming months. Other changes abound: Your baby's heart finishes dividing into four chambers, and the valves start to form — as do the tiny teeth. The embryonic "tail" is completely gone. Your baby's organs, muscles, and nerves are kicking into gear. The eyes are fully formed, but the eyelids are fused shut and won't open until 27 weeks. The baby has tiny earlobes, and the mouth, nose, and nostrils are more distinct."

What does that mean to me? I am so tired! So far I have avoided the horrible morning sickness, although I do get nauseous in the afternoons and evenings when I am too tired or hungry. What I haven't escaped is the exhaustion! This kiddo is zapping my energy! On Saturday, I went to Target to pick up envelopes for hubs. While sitting in the parking lot I figured I'd close my eyes for just a second in order to work up the energy needed to run this errand. I woke up an hour later rather confused! I took a nap in the Target parking lot!

While Autumn is just around the corner, this kiddo wants to get a jump start on the cozy cool weather by causing me to crave soup all the time! Baby Bird also doesn't seem to like Mexican food (much to hubs disappointment), eggs, and sometimes chicken. The kiddo sure loves salt though. Especially salty pretzels. They help with afternoon nausea. Especially when paired with ginger ale. Baby Bird and I decided that going to the Minnesota State Fair while pregnant is both awesome and awful. Awesome because we got to eat bites of everyone's food all day long so we never got nauseous! Awful because it was a long day with a lot of walking and no naps! Hubs made fun of me for trying to lay down on a bench for "just a couple seconds".

We are looking forward to hopefully hearing our baby's heartbeat next week! Next week we will also be taking Baby Bird to their third US State. So far we've been in Mn, Ca and next week we head to Atlanta for a friends wedding (technically this will stack up more than the third state as we will be driving from Mn to Ga). Baby Bird already loves to travel!

No comments:

Post a Comment