The day Viv turned 23 months, I let her help me make some Paleo (muffins. We. LOVE. This. Recipe! So easy. So yummy!And Vivi really enjoyed helping to push the button on the blender. She also REALLY enjoyed stealing chocolate chips from the muffins before we baked them.
Nutbutter Banana Muffins
- 1 cup almond, cashew or sunbutter
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (optional)
- Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray a 12 cup muffin tin (we use coconut oil spray from Trader Joe's). Set aside.
- In a food processor/blender, combine the banana, eggs, and almond butter until well mixed. Add the remaining ingredients. Add chocolate chips as a topping for pizzazz!
- Bake for 15 minutes at 350F. Muffins will be firm and slightly golden, but fluffy. Allow to cool for 10 minutes then remove from the muffin pan to a wire rack.