welcome to the johnson family blog~ my name is mindy & my husband is brian, aka baja. we have been married since 08.08.08. the two of us became the five of us! our tiny baby bird, vivienne, arrived 04.12.12, baby lucielle came on 08.06.13 and baby edith on 11.19.15. thanks for stopping by our blogsite. here you'll find our photography work & our personal life, everything from family portraits to what’s going on in our life. it’s both a blog (to connect with friends and family who live a little too far away) & a journal/scrapbook (to remember all the little details as our family changes). so welcome, thanks for coming & enjoy! contact me at: hopefeathers {at} me {dot} com.

December 16, 2013

Christmas Fun

Tomorrow we leave for the sunny warmth of spending Christmas in California. Don't get me wrong, I am beyond excited to spend some time with family. And I'll be more than happy to take the girls outside without little hats, mittens, coats and boots. But sunshine and palm trees on Christmas just isn't quite right. So when we awoke to snow falling, I knew we needed to celebrate our last morning with a "white Christmas". We enjoyed Christmas music, a first candy cane, as Christmas book and a mini photo session in front of the Christmas tree with my two favorite little models. The candy cane was a huge hit! No surprise there. Viv liked it so much she even shared it with Lulu! I looked away for a second (lesson learned!) and turned around to see Lulu crying with Candy Cane in her mouth! I guess she didn't like it haha. Not exactly the "first solid food" we had in mind! This post could have been twice as long and filled to the brim with photos of my Christmas Cuties... but I showed restraint... sorta. We just ended the day driving around looking at all the "Ciftmas Lights!" Vivienne LOVED the lights and would point out her favorite parts of each house. "Snowflakes!", "Hi Snowman! Hold you!", "Oooooh Wow! Lights, Mama!", and my favorite new phrase, "I love it!" haha. Definitely a new Christmas tradition!
 Watching it snow outside.

And the sharing of the candy cane... I only feel slightly guilty for taking a picture before helping Lulu. It's a hilarious photo!

No comments:

Post a Comment