- To recognize your children as gifts of God and give heartfelt thanks for God's blessing
- To dedicate your children to the Lord who gave them to you, surrendering all worldly claims upon their lives in the hope that they will belong wholly to Jesus Christ
- With God's fatherly help, to bring up your children in the discipline and instruction of the Lord, making every reasonable effort, with patience and love, to build the Word of God, the character of Christ and the joy of the Lord into their lives
- To provide, through God's blessing, for the physical, emotional, intellectual and spiritual needs of your children, looking to your own heavenly Father for the wisdom, love and strength to serve them and not use them
- Relying on God’s help to make it your regular prayer that by God's grace your children will come to trust in Jesus Christ alone for the forgiveness of their sins and for the fulfillment of all his promises to them, even eternal life; and in this faith follow Jesus as Lord and obey his teachings
Words of Dedication"Vivienne & Lucielle, together with your parents who love you dearly and this people who care about the outcome of your faith, I dedicate you to God, surrendering together with them all worldly claim upon your life in the hope that you will belong wholly to Jesus Christ, forever."
We didn't get any pictures on that day, so we took a few photos this weekend for memories sake. We have such funny, cute, little sweeties! Lucielle was less than thrilled about being placed in the leaves. Vivienne on the other hand was ecstatic to find the crunchy leaves and sticks!