welcome to the johnson family blog~ my name is mindy & my husband is brian, aka baja. we have been married since 08.08.08. the two of us became the five of us! our tiny baby bird, vivienne, arrived 04.12.12, baby lucielle came on 08.06.13 and baby edith on 11.19.15. thanks for stopping by our blogsite. here you'll find our photography work & our personal life, everything from family portraits to what’s going on in our life. it’s both a blog (to connect with friends and family who live a little too far away) & a journal/scrapbook (to remember all the little details as our family changes). so welcome, thanks for coming & enjoy! contact me at: hopefeathers {at} me {dot} com.

July 1, 2013

34 weeks

And the countdown begins! In 3 weeks, my mom comes! In 5 weeks, Lucielle will be born! In 6 weeks, my dad comes! So excited for all of this crazy that's about to begin! 

This week the "oh my!" comments have gotten more frequent. Same with the "you'll sure be busy!" comments I get when I'm with Viv. I even started getting the "how many days left?" questions. Unfortunately, 5 weeks left. But that's about 37 days so I can't really complain. It will really fly by! This week I seem to have officially hit the stage where even maternity clothes can't contain all that belly! I may be living in yoga pants and Brian's t-shirts for the next few weeks. Or better yet, sitting in front of a fan... clothes optional haha! I'm beginning to understand why everyone gave me pitied looks when I said I was due in Aug. Being pregnant in the summer is rough! At first I was like, this is awesome! We are so busy having fun that these last weeks are flying by! But now, I'm always hot and my feet are so swollen even flip flops are uncomfortable. Praise the Lord for the swimming pool, ice, and homemade fruit smoothies! Also praising the Lord that Vivienne has learned to walk and is doing so almost all of the time! This is totally helping my aching back! It's so much easier to not be carrying a toddler whenever we go anywhere. Especially since my contractions have gotten worse/more frequent. If I didn't have so many contractions with Viv, I probably would be all worried and calling my OB, but it would seem that I just have an irritable uterus. I probably have a contraction every 15 mins all day long, but they are stronger at night. It's a sign that I need to drink more water and rest more. But who has time to rest with a toddler??? Going to the pool has really helped. Viv LOVES to splash around, and I get to float and relax.
My belly is still measuring slightly large. At my 32 week appt, it measured 36 weeks. At my 34 week appt, I measured 37 weeks. So she's big, but not a giant. However, right about this time with Viv, I started to measure bigger again. So maybe Lucielle will go through a growth spurt these next few weeks too?

We have our scheduled c-section date: August 6th at noon! So weird to potentially know her birthday already! We may go into labor early and not make it to 39.5 weeks, but I kind of doubt it since Viv was 2 days late. We also just found out that Lucille Ball's birthday is August 6th too! So funny! I was really hoping to have our Lucielle on Aug 5th so that we would be out of the hospital by our 5th wedding anniversary on the 8th, but the O.R. was booked. So now we will spend our anniversary eating hospital food and snuggling our new little love. Brian had a good point that I probably wouldn't really feel up for something as simple as going out for an anniversary dinner anyway.
According to Baby Center: "Your baby now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds (about the size of a cantaloupe) and is almost 18 inches long. Her fat layers — which will help regulate her body temperature once she's born — are filling her out, making her rounder. Her skin is also smoother than ever. Her central nervous system is maturing and her lungs are continuing to mature as well." Simply put, Lulu is getting chubbier and cuter! I however, just feel like I'm getting chubbier haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment