welcome to the johnson family blog~ my name is mindy & my husband is brian, aka baja. we have been married since 08.08.08. the two of us became the five of us! our tiny baby bird, vivienne, arrived 04.12.12, baby lucielle came on 08.06.13 and baby edith on 11.19.15. thanks for stopping by our blogsite. here you'll find our photography work & our personal life, everything from family portraits to what’s going on in our life. it’s both a blog (to connect with friends and family who live a little too far away) & a journal/scrapbook (to remember all the little details as our family changes). so welcome, thanks for coming & enjoy! contact me at: hopefeathers {at} me {dot} com.

April 5, 2013

21 weeks

I contemplated whether or not to even put this post up considering I am almost 22 weeks now. But I figured since I haven't posted a bump pic since 18 weeks, I might as well!
This week, Grammie is in town! Yay! The day we took the bump photo, we went to the Como Zoo with my niece and nephew and Grammie. Vivienne LOVED it! She learned how to make a few animal sounds and her favorites are "lion" and "seal". So funny. I'll post pictures soon.

It's hard to believe that we're already over halfway done! It went by fast. And slow. Hoping the next few months speed by! How am I feeling at 21 weeks? Huge! How can I possibly make it another 4 months? I know it should get easier once Vivi starts to walk and I don't have to carry her everywhere, but jeepers! Carrying two babies can be rough! I even threw out my back earlier this week trying to lay Viv down for her nap. Good thing she's awesome and doesn't need any help going to sleep anymore. Now I kinda "plop" her down, cover her with her blankey and she falls asleep on her own haha. Yay!

Baby Bird is getting bigger (obviously!) and stronger! I can feel kicks and wiggles all the time! I can even SEE them from the outside! Last week we were all snuggled on the couch watching a movie when I asked Stacey if she wanted to feel Baby Bird. She got a little kick. Then Brian was able to feel a LOT of kicks and squirms. And then my mom! Baby Bird was definitely showing off for the company. I've even felt Baby Bird's hiccups once or twice.

Vivienne made me crave MEAT. This baby makes me crave veggies! Our fridge is stocked full of green beans, brussel sprouts, sugar snap peas and zucchini. Maybe his/her favorite color is green?

Weirdest new pregnancy symptom? Ocular migraines. I've never had a migraine before, let alone ocular ones. Basically, one eye gets all blurry has blind spots and squiggly lines for less than an hour and then it's gone. According to google (haha) it's not uncommon in pregnancy. I'll be double checking with my OB at our appt next week. Speaking of appointments, we have another Ultrasound next Thursday to check the status of Baby Bird's echogenic bowel. We are praying, and we'd love for you to join us, that it is nothing and it has cleared up. Otherwise, we won't really know anything new. We did decide, however, that if the bowel is still echogenic, that we would like to be able to pray for Baby Bird by name. So we will be having the Ultrasound Tech write down the gender and we will reveal it at Vivienne's First Birthday Party next weekend! She's almost ONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment