welcome to the johnson family blog~ my name is mindy & my husband is brian, aka baja. we have been married since 08.08.08. the two of us became the five of us! our tiny baby bird, vivienne, arrived 04.12.12, baby lucielle came on 08.06.13 and baby edith on 11.19.15. thanks for stopping by our blogsite. here you'll find our photography work & our personal life, everything from family portraits to what’s going on in our life. it’s both a blog (to connect with friends and family who live a little too far away) & a journal/scrapbook (to remember all the little details as our family changes). so welcome, thanks for coming & enjoy! contact me at: hopefeathers {at} me {dot} com.

March 31, 2013

First Easter

Easter is by far my favorite holiday! That may surprise those of you who have spent any time around me at Christmas. While Christmas is totally awesome, Easter is the most important event of the year. We don't believe in the Easter bunny, chocolate eggs, baskets of toys and candy, egg hunts or Peeps. We celebrate Easter because 2000 years ago a very special man lived and died for a very special purpose. Jesus Christ lived a perfect life so that he could give his life and die in our place. But the reason we celebrate Easter is that he didn't stay dead! Death couldn't hold him! He is alive! And because of this, we who believe can have eternal life! It's a wonderful, sweet celebration!
When I survey the wondrous cross
On which the Prince of Glory died
My Richest gain I count but loss
And pour contempt on all my pride

See from His head His hands His feet
Sorrow and love flow mingled down
Did e'er such love and sorrow meet
Or thorns compose so rich a crown

Oh the wonderful cross
Bids me come and die and find
That I may truly live
We spent our morning reading this story in our favorite children's bible, having breakfast as a family, snuggling for a morning nap, and meeting up with Grammie and Aunt Stacey at church to celebrate together. Later we enjoyed more time with a BBQ at my Brother's family's house.
Christ is risen from the dead
Trampling over death by death
Come awake, come awake
Come and rise up from the grave

Christ is risen from the dead
We are one with Him again
Come awake, come awake
Come and rise up from the grave

O death, where is your sting?
O hell, where is your victory?
O church, come stand in the light
Our God is not dead, He's alive, He's alive!
What a sweet, sweet day! It warmed my heart to share the wonder of this day with Vivienne for the first time. It warmed my heart to feel Baby Bird kicking away in my belly. It warmed my heart to hold the hand of my love as we joyfully celebrated the day. I love Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment