welcome to the johnson family blog~ my name is mindy & my husband is brian, aka baja. we have been married since 08.08.08. the two of us became the five of us! our tiny baby bird, vivienne, arrived 04.12.12, baby lucielle came on 08.06.13 and baby edith on 11.19.15. thanks for stopping by our blogsite. here you'll find our photography work & our personal life, everything from family portraits to what’s going on in our life. it’s both a blog (to connect with friends and family who live a little too far away) & a journal/scrapbook (to remember all the little details as our family changes). so welcome, thanks for coming & enjoy! contact me at: hopefeathers {at} me {dot} com.

March 1, 2013

Hot Air Ballon

My first morning in California, I was getting Viv up and ready for the day when I got a text from my mom that it was snowing! What?!?! I thought I left the snow here in MN. It snows maybe once or twice a winter at my parents house in Yucaipa, Ca. And, luckily for us, we were there for it. The mountains were covered in thick white clouds that were dumping snow on the peaks. We ended up with about three quarters of an inch of snow on the ground and cotton ball flakes falling from the sky. While it was fun, I totally second guessed all the tank tops and spriny outfits I packed for Viv and myself haha. So glad it warmed up! The snow melted by noon and we were able to sit outside Starbucks later that afternoon. Smiles all around! So beautiful to see snowy mountains and palm trees!
 Another morning, we saw two hot air balloons over the valley! We grabbed the baby and my camera and drove all around Yucaipa trying to get a good shot! It was SO low over the houses that you could hear them talking! Super fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment