welcome to the johnson family blog~ my name is mindy & my husband is brian, aka baja. we have been married since 08.08.08. the two of us became the five of us! our tiny baby bird, vivienne, arrived 04.12.12, baby lucielle came on 08.06.13 and baby edith on 11.19.15. thanks for stopping by our blogsite. here you'll find our photography work & our personal life, everything from family portraits to what’s going on in our life. it’s both a blog (to connect with friends and family who live a little too far away) & a journal/scrapbook (to remember all the little details as our family changes). so welcome, thanks for coming & enjoy! contact me at: hopefeathers {at} me {dot} com.

August 1, 2012

What a difference a year makes!

A year ago today, two pink lines appeared on a pregnancy test that changed our lives forever! I remember being soooo excited when I took the test that I couldn't wait to tell Brian. But I wanted it to be special. So we went to a coffee shop and I gave him a "gift" and I video taped his reaction. Take a look at that video here. Our lives have changed for the better.  It's crazy what a difference a year makes! A year ago, we had no idea we were going to be parents and dreamed of the day we would be. And now we have a sweet sixteen week old babe. We love ur little Vivie so dearly!

To commemorate this momentous day, I grabbed my camera for a mini photo shoot at Como park before my morning run. Viv is always the smiliest in the mornings after she wakes up. She's probably super rested after sleeping all night. This morning she was even more well rested after sleeping for 11 hrs! Our little one spends most of her time smiling, clasping her hands together and with her feet in the air to either grab or suck on her toes. She also squeals in delight regularly (and loudly) and babbles constantly. She loves to stick out her tongue and blows bubbles. She is a joy to parent!
 This is what tummy time usually looks like for Viv. Facedown crying in anger that we abandoned her. Drama queen haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment