welcome to the johnson family blog~ my name is mindy & my husband is brian, aka baja. we have been married since 08.08.08. the two of us became the five of us! our tiny baby bird, vivienne, arrived 04.12.12, baby lucielle came on 08.06.13 and baby edith on 11.19.15. thanks for stopping by our blogsite. here you'll find our photography work & our personal life, everything from family portraits to what’s going on in our life. it’s both a blog (to connect with friends and family who live a little too far away) & a journal/scrapbook (to remember all the little details as our family changes). so welcome, thanks for coming & enjoy! contact me at: hopefeathers {at} me {dot} com.

June 19, 2013

Walking!

I thought Viv would walk months ago! She took her first steps 2 months ago at 12 months, but has since decided she wasn't interested. Tonight we were at Peavy Park in Minneapolis with our church's weekly summer outreach BBQ. I think that Viv was so inspired by all the people, the yummy food and the peer pressure from a little 2 year old girl she became friends with, that she simply decided to start walking! We were so surprised and impressed! What a big girl. She cried at the end of the night when we picked her up to go home. She was so proud of herself and kept clapping and saying, "Ta-da!" while raising her arms. She's such a little ham! I was so glad that I was the photographer for the evening and had my good camera with to capture this big night!
 This is how Viv has been walking for the past two months. She would hold one hand and walk, but as soon as we let go, she would say no no and sit down. Goofy!
And off she goes! The little girl in the back ground was the one who inspired Viv to walk!

No comments:

Post a Comment