welcome to the johnson family blog~ my name is mindy & my husband is brian, aka baja. we have been married since 08.08.08. the two of us became the five of us! our tiny baby bird, vivienne, arrived 04.12.12, baby lucielle came on 08.06.13 and baby edith on 11.19.15. thanks for stopping by our blogsite. here you'll find our photography work & our personal life, everything from family portraits to what’s going on in our life. it’s both a blog (to connect with friends and family who live a little too far away) & a journal/scrapbook (to remember all the little details as our family changes). so welcome, thanks for coming & enjoy! contact me at: hopefeathers {at} me {dot} com.

May 15, 2012

Goodbye...

My parents moved to California from Minnesota about three years ago. We've loved having them visit us and us visiting them over those years. I mean, seriously, who wouldn't want to go to CA a couple times a year? We have so much fun when we are all together. It's always hard to say goodbye, but this time was so different. My mom has been in MN for the past six weeks. She was here for two weeks before Vivienne was born and stayed extra long because my sister, Stacey, was graduating from college. She didn't want to come for the birth of Viv, go back to CA for a week or two, and then fly back... so she stayed! It was so fun! My dad was able to come for the past eleven days. We have all played games, gotten coffee, shopped and taken turns snuggling Vivie. So needless to say, when Viv and I dropped them off at the airport this morning, there were tears. I don't know when we will see them next which makes it extra hard. I am praying that I book a ton of weddings so that we can fly out to CA more. Vivienne is going to change so much in the next several months! I caught my mom smelling the top of Vivienne's tiny head over brunch and I about lost it because I knew she was taking in her sweet baby scent in her memory. Then mom and I got the giggles as we cried. I know we will text, chat on the phone and skype often, but its not the same as them being able to pop by and hold her every now and then.

We all had brunch this morning before their plane left so we did a mini photo shoot in the restaurant. Brian was gracious enough to take a million photos for us. Too bad we couldn't get one of us all, but we had limited time and Brian was sweaty and was still wearing his helmet from his 30 miles bike ride. Yet another reason we need to make our way to CA soon... a family photo with everyone!

Grandma and Grandpa - we miss you already!!! Viv cried when she woke up from her nap and saw that you were gone! Well, that and she had a dirty diaper and was hungry... but she really does miss you! Lord willing, we'll see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment